Wednesday, January 30, 2008

pictures and memories from the past


Siri 3 months old
Originally uploaded by nanawoolf.
my little Siri a few days after she had moved in to our household in 1999.
It is a century ago, so to say, and almost a decade. Unbelievable how time passes by. It feels like it was yesterday that I drove to Frankfurt airport to pick the two of mine and another cat up to move into new homes in Mannheim, and still so much has happened, I have moved two/three times with them already, and they were good with that, no fuzz, no protest peeing, and getting used to the new homes right away.

She looks like a mix of bat, rat and sphinx I think, and I was kind of shocked when she first came out of the transport bag, so skinny and small, but she grew into her ears just fine :-) and her tail has lost all 'rattyness'.

The black crud in her ear was from the mites she had besides all other things a street cat can get in contact with.
So we had a hard time getting rid of those unwanted guests in the beginning, but ever since never again we had such problems. She is a champ getting medications administered, and her pill every second day is no problem at all. It is like : 'open cat, insert pill, let go' most of the days.
Dali is a little diva, concerning this, and we had a hard time with her, not wanting to be touched or even held, it was almost impossible to give her the ear-drops and worming paste or other meds.

We had our 8 year anniversary on Dec. 4. and I can still not believe how long in the past that is already (hope for another 10 years at least before we have to part, but never know with Siris autoimmune problems if she will be an old crone cat some day).

Dali is just not very photogenic, being the black whirlwind she is, so you cant see her on many pictures, I love them both with all their quirks and dont want to miss them, they have changed my life and are the reason for not giving up even though it sometimes feels like it.

No comments: