Monday, May 12, 2008

dandelion and easter egg colours

I dyed a skein of sock yarn with dandelion, trying to attempt a yellow.

The palest parts on this skein are the dandelion dyed which resemble an ecru colour.
I guess I have used too little dye material for the 100 grams yarn, so it did not get that intense.

So I stirred up some yellow and orange easter egg colours and spiced up parts of the skein.

It looks very summery now, just like fruit sherbet.

Hope the socks will be looking nice, I plan to knit up from this.

Right now there are washcloths and cat toys on the needles and the occasional spin on sock yarn out of the 95 grams of black and white roving I was given by Holly.

On my CD spindle there is a light brown and green with blue roving, I try to spin as thin as the spindle allows.

I try to ply it with a still to be spun cotton to make a not so warm thin thread for a summer scarf for biking.

Any Ideas on spinning cotton? I have never done it and the fluff in the bad terrifies me a little, I wonder wether there will be success in turning it into string :-)

1 comment:

Snowberry and Lime said...

those colours look so summery and fun! Natural dyes can sometimes be a bit disappointing, but I should definitely try out some more myself. :)

Veronika