my first wheel spun 'skunk' colourway.
I am amazed at the learning curve which can be seen in the thickness of the started single to the second one I then plied with it.
On the thinnest parts it is a thin fingering weight, and on the bigger parts, it is a bulky.
Part of it will be knitted up into a kittie blanke, and the rest will be kept in a skein to look at and compare with future spinning progress.
A Friend with many wheels let me borrow her Louet for a while, and also gave me lots of fiber to play with.
There will be many more skeins in the future, I guess, and all fiber related income will be saved up for a wheel of my own.
Maybe after the crafty exhibit in July it is not far away, to get it ;-)
So I dont have to worry about going 'cold turkey' if I return the Louet.
I had a try at an old wheel my friend's grammy has as a decoration piece, and we were able to make it spin a fine thread, but it really is creaky and loud, but maybe it was me not treadling right on it, since the footman had a longish hole and making it go round in one direction only was not the easiest.
You will see it in a different post, if flickr finally allows me to upload the pictures.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment