I doodled around with some sherbet-looking yarn and a matching solid orange one complimenting the variegated one.
It wanted to become a summer hat, so I obeyed and knitted it up cadet style. When the time for a shield came, I destroyed an old baseball cap and reused the shield from that.
I wore it out in public yesterday, and people on the train commented on it, liking the fact I thought was a flaw, so I guess it was meant to be.
I had knitted the body of the hat too long, so wearing it the ears are completely covered and I dont know how this will be after washing it for the first time, I hoped that it will shrink some, and be perfect, ... but now I am not so sure any more if this is waht will make me happy.
It is nice and airy but still gives good shade to my light sensitive eyes.
when it stops raining and the sun shows up again, I hope we can take a decent picture of the hat. But when will this be? this summer was rather wet and seems to blend over into a wet fall, so we try to enjoy each and every single minute of sunshine :-)
The kitties are both on top of me, one in the lap, the other one 'in my neck' as usual, when I am on the computer, so 8,5 kg added to me keep me warm and cozy and them blissfully purring, what do I want more?
Some time soon I will get out the sewing machine and sew up some 'travel book cases', pouches you put the book into with handles to carry it so the paperbacks dont supper if you put them into a backpack or tote bag.
I dont like it when the books look tattered and abused, so they need protection :-)
I still have to figure out how the size adjustment can go into it, not all books are the same volume, some have more pages and are wider than others, and all should fit into the case so they can be used comfortably and be safe in the same case which will be host to many books if my plans work out.
The inner picture and construction plan are made, and now I just have to follow it and see how it works out.
I have some silky looking fabric in a royal blue left over from a carnival costume project I think will ork out well for this, and there is some colour-coordinated fabric in diamond pattern that can go into it should the blue prove to be not enough.
Monday, September 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment