Saturday was the bimonthly meeting with parents of Asperger-Kids. I was going there again to take care of the kids while the parents meet. I was prepared to do the childcare alone again since the other person is not really telling us wether she comes or not. Usually she comes rather late and goes early so the preparation of the room and the picking up afterwards is up to me. She gets the same money than me and I have talked to her about it already that I expect from her that we share the work evenly, and I can have a brake from having to prepare everything and be responsible for doing all the planning in the way that one meeting she is the creative advisor for the kids and I am the one playing card games or other things with the kids who dont want the crafty activities, and the next meeting we swap.
So far she was not coming prepared, and I had to use my backup plan which made me grumpy, and I told her so.
Always hoping she would come prepared the next time and then being faced with the fact she did not show up at all or tells me she had no time or ideas what to do with the kids.
The next meeting will be in November, I have told her I will be looking forward to her plans for holiday decorations ideas, which should give her enough time to come up with a plan.
I have made foldable kites with the kids Saturday, and hope they fly, ... there was no wind to try them out, so we had to trust on the pattern I got from a kite book. It is not hard at all to find projects for the kids that meet their level of abilities.
There are always some who have good motor skills who can help the ones with less dexterity. And the offers can be planned in the way that there is a simple and a more demanding variant of the same theme.
She is a sociologist with a degree, she has worked with disabled kids, she is adult and I hope intelligent, why else should she have a degree? Why is she not able to plan the time of three hours for kids in a limited age range from about 8 to 17 years?.
I dont really get it, me, the autistic nursery school teacher seems to have more abilities to handle this situation than her. I expected her to take over once she joined me in the childcare job, and now it is me being kind of a boss to her, and she is not the easy one to deal with.
She knows my limits, and still she seems to have her own ones and not care.
Diana my friend once came to visit in the break and thought the second child care person was a kid because she seemed to be affected by something, being rather slow and not really responsive.
Maybe I am too harsh with the people around me, having an IQ in the almost gifted range. Maybe 'average' people are like this girl in her 30 ies, and I expect too much.
Maybe it is the ASPIE-NT incompatibility that gets in my way so often.
I will probably not find out about it, but it keeps puzzling me, and it will keep popping up in my ramblings, so please forgive me dear readers, if this text was not to your liking.
Sunday, September 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think she sounds lazy. I've worked with people like that, and they don't respond to reasonable requests. What does your employer say about her behaviour?
MAybe she is lazy, she keeps asking for a work-certificate she could use for future applications, and the leader of the group keeps asking her how she is supposed to write this because she is not present and does not know how she works. I keep telling our 'boss'that I dont think I should say anything about what should be written in there because I am not happy with her.
It changes though, the last time there was some independent thinking to be spotted, maybe it changes for the better?
It is a parent-guided group and the 'boss' is a mother of a 23 year old Kanner-High functioning young man, she is a friend to me, so we are really communicating, which this other person can not do properly it seems.
Post a Comment