Sunday, August 05, 2007

writing experiments

I decided to use my blog for a new purpose, I want to improve the writing style and one of Dorothea Brande's suggestions is to write something every day to get the brain into the habit of producing text. With writing it is supposed to improve writing, so this is what I try to do :-)

It will still be happening that you see the one or other craft related picture and maybe a tutorial, too.

I just have to get into the habit of posting something more frequently.

English being my second language, it will be different from reading a native-language text, but I still hope the two or three readers of this will not get too bored with me.

If there are things you want to criticize, I might be thankful to read them in case they help me improve, but if I feel like they are just babble, dont be disappointed if I dont follow up on them.


Waiting patiently for a friends two daughters to read the seventh book of Harry Potter, I will distract myself in pursuing own writing attempts and knitting some each day. There are two sock designs waiting to be written up, too, but this is rather technical writing and fits into a different category. If I am happy with the written up patterns, maybe the one or the other will land on here.

Days are just so packed with things that have to be done, I need to think of fun thigs to compensate in the evenings. So I will do what needs to be done and look forward to 'play time' afterwards.

That is it for today, and I am really curious about the fact how much it will be a chore to think of writing on a regular basis, or if it turns out to be fun from the first day on and I dont have any problems to fill the 20 minutes with writing, that I want to spend per day.

No comments: