Tuesday, August 28, 2007

getting used to the habit?


Wow, I get to write something today :-)

I changed the look of the blog and I must say, I like it. It took me all afternoon yesterday to get it right and then I wanted to post today and in the window to do this, the cursor moved but no letters appeared.

PANIC describes it well.

But now all is well again, and I am happyly typing away, no matter what happens. I get to play with colours here :-) and like it, and hope I dont go over board with it.
You know something? My ortho told me I need to learn to relax and signed me up for a course in 'Progressive muscle relaxation' invented by a guy named Edmund Jacobson. I am not made for this kind of relaxation. The first encounter with this kind of relaxation therapy was 2004 when I was in a clinic for five weeks, and they kept telling me, I had to get used to this and my body would relax, guess what? it never happened in all this time.

The first class was Friday and I feel like having been run over by an 18 wheeler truck again, this is exactly what I had experienced in 2004.
I can tense up nicely, and think, I let go again, but... the brain and muscles seem to have a communication problem and the muscles stay hard and start building up those little bumps that hurt badly when massaged.
My massage therapist was puzzled and asked what I had done on the weekend, and when I told her about the 'new' relaxation course I have started on Friday, she urgently asked me to tell my doc about the buildup in the muscles that is no good and maybe cancel the classes because it is no good if it tenses me up even more.



Funny thing about this? my cat Siri has this same problem in her lower spine area, and I keep giving her massages, which she now enjoys, but was irritated when I first started it.
Now she is all submissive and purrs her heart out when we have this quality time of the day :-)

Here she is checking out some decorative cats I found in a cheapo store, they were an Euro the bigger one and 50 cents the smaller one.

Knitting content: I am not doing any knitting that counts lately, just a few stitches on the summer hat and the socks for Alex my nephew.
I kind of am stuck with some design problems that need solving, and it drives me bonkers to express it mildly.
I have never thought it will be so challenging to design something on paper before it will be knitted up. I usually go with the flow, start knitting and adjusting while I do the stitches, and this is so different. But I will get there, and you will be seeing the results on here, some day, but please dont hold your breath :-)

I DO have a problem with slacking and I AM working on it :-) even though it is hard.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful cat. I used to keep cats. I miss living with cats.

I tied read but I don't think I understood what physical problem you have.

Your English is excellent.

anachronist said...

commenting to my own blog?
There is no name to the physical problems, it is a peculiarity most Asperger and other autists have, that their neurological network is responding so different to stimulus, it is a puzzle to all.

Buildup of waste in muscles causes something the medical name is myogelosis, this hurts and needs to be drained by massage or left alone for long to be drained by the movements the muscles do. I prefer massage, since it makes to process faster.