Sunday, February 11, 2007

I am spoiled rotten

spoiled rotten :-) , by Tammy K from the socks in a bag swap

It is taking place at TownsendSocksKnitALong@yahoogroups.com

My swap partner mailed me a message of concern because the package was due since at least Tuesday, and I was getting really concerned, too.

Checking the mailbox twice a day, and whining to my bf, that I could need a cheery surprise package right now.

Then on Saturday morning, ... I was still loopy from a very sleep-deprived night, he came into the bedroom, holding a boxfor me :-) , and right there, bedheaded as I was, I unzipped the box, opened it and was wowing with each little thing I pulled out of there.

I noticed the tea boxes first, one peppermint, and the other one a green tea with peach and ginger, I will make myself a cup, when I start knitting the yarn up.

There was a pattern book 'the ultimate sock book' from Annies Attic, now I can choose one of nine patterns for the yarn that came out next, two skeins of Knitpicks Memories Merino in redwood colourway, very me, nice red,brown, and greenish colours.

And, a ball of trekking xxl from Zitron in a tweedy autumnal colourway.

and I had asked for some goodie (to choose one, I named many, so it would be a surprise for me what Tammy will decide on), she must have misunderstood me there, because she got almost all of them :-)

There were a sock blocker key chain with the pattern for a sock in the right fit, and I think, those come 'naked' but mine is dressed in a sock, which Tammy knit for me, I guess, it is in a beigey, brown variegated yarn, and this thing is so cute, I dont dare to put it on my keyring (too much wear there), so I guess it will go on the mobile sock I am making right now, so I dont lose it ever.
And some of the leftovers go into socks for it, so it can change its wardrobe.

There is a chibi needle case with two yellow laminated darning needles (the ones with the bend on the tip) I was squealing with delight when I got this out of the box.
It came even better after that, there was a package of Susan bates dpns in sizes I dont see in our stores, ##000,00,0 and 1

I found a little grey sheep tape measure, too, and it took me two misguided tries to find out it is his left front leg which pulls out the tape :-). Dont ask, where I tried first, poor sheepy. It is very helpful for me metric grown up girl, it has centimeters on one side, and inches on the other, so I dont have to take out my calculator any more to translate measurements.

Then, there showed up a circular needle addi turbo #1 (if I recall right the package is with bf, so he can take a picture of the whole bunch of delightful playthings for me), and it sure looks different from the ones you see in stores around here, it seems the manufacturing is different for the international market.

Then I finally pulled out the bag. Tammy individualized it for me, one side of the sturdy canvas bag with leather bottom and straps shows needle felted my nick 'nana' ,a flower and a heart (in autumnal colours as you have guessed by now).
The other side has a meadow scene, a sheep, standing on green ground with flower patches in the grass, some 'sheepy clouds' the kind predicting good weather and a sun.

As soon as the pic is taken, I will add it to this entry.

nana is a happy camper now, having so many new things to play with.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I came over from your email at the Townsend group. In looking at your blog and profile, you are just a few years younger than me. I will be 39 this fall. We seem to have more in common. I have some ideas for your blog, I wasn't sure what you were meaning earlier, but now having seen it, I think I can help. I'll email you later.

anachronist said...

cool, thanks for mailing, I am waiting for you then.

nana.