Two days ago I had the appointment with the pain specialist.
We had a thorough talk about the symptoms which led me to him, and we worked out a medication plan to get me completely pain free.
He thinks, getting the pain down to a bearable level is not enough.
But before we tweak the meds, he offered to me to try an applied kinesiology testing and treatment.
He did a few things with me and had me walk around for a bit afterwards.
I dont really know what he did there, and how his results were, but he told me he detected some traumatic reaction he thinks are results from the hemorraghe and surgeries.
I think, he spent almost an hour on this, and he asked me to keep low for the rest of the day. This is exactly what I did. When I got home, I felt so tired, I had to take a nap of 2 hours.
Then I tried to just *be* and not pressure myself to any 'I have to do' activities.
I had a rather enjoyable night, and everything was rounded up with a craniosacral treatment on Tuesday with my physiotherapist.
Another nap, and it seems the headaches get less severe.
I can not tell for sure because I was advised to keep taking the pain meds. But I did not feel the weaning out of the dosage of the pain meds as before, so I guess it gets better.
Now I have to wait and see if this is a placebo effect because I finally feel validated for my own deductions or if those two 'pseudo scientific methods really do make the difference.
I will phone with the pain specialist on Friday, an have another appointment with him on Sept. 16.
PT will go on, too and as soon as we have cleared the question which material I want to be used for the cranioplasty and we set a surgery date, I sure hope I dont have to take pain meds on a regular basis any more.
I have enough meds because of blood pressure, thyroid and seizure treatment already, so I am very thankful for each pill I can leave out of my 'diet'.
Vor zwei Tagen hatte ich den Termin mit dem Schmerzspezialisten.
Wir hatten ein ausfuehrliches Gespraech ueber die Symptome, die mich zu ihm gefuehrt haben, und wir haben einen Einnahmeplan fuer verschiedene Medikamente ausgearbeitet, um mich voellig Schmerzfrei zu bekommen.
Er denkt, die Schmerzen auf ein ertraegliches Mass runterzubringen ist nicht genug.
Aber bevor wir daran etwas aendern, hat er mir angeboten, eine Applied Kinesiology Testung und Behandlung zu machen.
Er hat ein paar Dinge mit mir gemacht, und hat mich dazwischen immer wieder auf und abgehen lassen.
Ich weiss nicht wirklich was er da konkret gemacht hat, und wie die Ergebnisse waren.
Er hat mir gesagt, dass er eine traumatische Reaktion getestet hat, die wahrscheinlich von der Blutung und den noetigen Operationen
herrruehrt.
Ich glaube, er hat fast eine Stunde mit mir damit verbracht und hat mich angewiesen, danach langsam zu machen fuer den Rest des Tages.
Oh ja, das war genau, was ich gemacht habe, als ich heimkam war ich sowas von muede, dass ich mich erst mal fuer 2 Stunden schlafen gelegt habe. Dann habe ich den Rest des Tages einfach nur *sein* geuebt, ohne mich zu irgendwelchen 'ich muss dochs' zu zwingen.
Die Nacht war ziemlich erholsam, mal ausnahmsweise und alles wurde durch die Craniosakrale Therapie bei meiner Physiotherapeutin
am Dienstag abgerundet.
Wieder ein Mittagsschlaf, und es scheint, dass die Kopfschmerzen weniger intensiv sind. Sicher sagen kann ichs nicht, weil ich ja angewiesen wurde, die Schmerzmittel weiter zu nehmen.
Ich habe aber nicht wie bisher gespuert, wenn die Schmerzmittelwirkung nachlaesst, und es Zeit ist, die naechste Dosis zu nehmen, also denke ich, es wird besser.
Jetzt heisst es warten, ob das ein Placebo effekt ist, weil ich mich endlich angenommen und verstanden fuehle mit meinen eigenen Feststellungen, oder ob diese zwei 'Pseudowissenschaftlichen Methoden' wirklich diesen Unterschied machen.
Am Freitag werde ich mit dem Schmerzspezialisten telefonieren, und habe am 16. September einen weiteren Termin bei ihm.
Die Physiotherapie wird auch weiter gehen, und sobald die Materialfrage fuer die Kranioplastik geklaert ist, und die OP geplant ist, werde ich hoffentlich nocht mehr so regelmaessig Schmerzmedikamente nehmen muessen.
Ich muss schon genug Medikamente nehmen wegen Blutdruck, Schilddruese und den epileptischen Anfaellen, also bin ich dankbar um jede Pille, die ich aus meiner 'Diaet' streichen kann.
Wednesday, September 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was in constant pain so bad I often couldn't do stairs or even get myself out of bed. I started with a cranial-sacral therapist, after the doctors told me it was arthritis and I" would just have to live with it". That was almost 18 years ago. I am virtually pain-free almost all the time, although I do go in for a monthly work-over. I am absolutely sure that is what has made the difference. Go for it!
Post a Comment